Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming auth codes on auto dial keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

aedc

Technical User
Jul 30, 2009
US
I am trying to figure out a way to program an auto dial key on a 3904 with the BARS access code, the number to dial and the authorization code. When dial tone is accessed and the auto dial key is activated, all you get is the auth code confirmation tone and the call never goes out. Does anyone know how to program auto dial keys on Nortel digital phones to include the telephone number and the auth code?

When you make the call manually, do you need to do anything special, like wait a second after answer before entering the auth code?

Key x ADL xx 9xxxxxx#(phone number and EOD) ** (stars as time spacers) xxxxxxxxxx (auth code)

I have tried using the asterik for a pause but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I can program a speed call button on an analog phone and it works fine. The digital phones will dial the digits to make the call if the number that you are calling is the only thing that is programmed on the key. At that point, you must manually dial the auth code or program another auto dial key with the auth code. I cannot put both numbers on the same auto dial key.

Works on an analog but not digital. Curious to know if the analog CLS has many differences? DIP and not DTN?

All of the analogs are DTN.

DOH!
Sorry aedc.
Works on an analog, works when you dial it but not off a 3xxx series.
Just for S&G's ... did you try a "#" before the Authcode? It may aid in sending the trailing digits DTMF to the far end.

I tried the # on the digital set. Still get the 10 burst of dial tone, a second dial tone and then it times out.

I found this on Nortel's site a while back while looking at a similar issue.

Scenario:
Pause is not working when using the autodial key.
Asterisk (*) in autodial does not pause dialing.
Dialing does not pause when using AC1 in an autodial key.
Pause works when using a trunk access code.
Problem Resolution
This is design intent. As per NTP 553-3001-306 Features and Services: Network Automatic Route Selection (NARS) and Basic Alternate RouteSelection (BARS) does not support the asterisk (*) as a pause when dialing an autodial number.

For a copy of the NTP document click on the following link: Under CONTAINS TERM(S), type in 553-3001-3006 and select Number. Apply Filters.
Affected Products
Enterprise VoIP Core CS 1000S

It’s hard to argue with the NTP. I have one other suggestion from the NTP’s and it is End-to-End Signaling

A call must be established before using the EES feature. An outgoing call is considered established 14 seconds (DP trunk) or four seconds (2500-type telephone or Digitone trunk) after the last digit has been outpulsed. The length of this delay can be changed through service change. EES can be performed after end of dial time out, or when answer supervision has been received from the far end, by pressing the octothorpe key (#) after the last digit.

LD 15
REQ: CHG Change.
TYPE: FTR
CUST
- EEST (NO) YES
NO = No EES feedback tone is given to the telephone. For Small Systems, DTMF should be set to NO.
YES = EES feedback tone is given; the type is defined by the DTMF prompt.

- DTMF (NO) YES
NO = Use EES for single feedback tone. For Small Systems, DTMF should be set to NO.
YES = Use EES for DTMF feedback tone.

To get uniform feedback tone when using the ADL key along with manual dialing, set the DTMF prompt to NO in LD 15.

you can't get a pause after ac1 or 2, dial the acod then the number then # then * for a 2 second pause.. we use internal auth codes, you can 9xxxxxxxx#auth.. and it goes through.. the # tells the switich that you've readched eod of dial..

without the #, the switch may still be collecting digits to send to the far end..

when you dial 9+10 digits, the switch buffers digits until a routing decision is made.. the dialtone you hear is internal to prompt users to go ahead and start dialing.. that can be turned off in 86 at the dltn prompt.. i can not think of a reason anyone would turn it off

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back