Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming an IP Office through DTE Port/Command Line 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawsIsHere

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2023
US
Hello IP Office Wizards, I've got a quick question. Is there a way to script through the DTE port on the IP Office? I'm an old school Cisco networking programmer (I'm only 21 but all the networking I've done is through CLI) and I was wondering if you could do the same with an IPO? I don't mind the Manager application but I was wondering if there was a way to script program though the DTE Port. I do a set base configuration on all the PBX's I touch. So it would be nice to have those parameters set through DTE instead of having to click through Manager. It's like the saying, "The man who got tired of sharpening his axe created the chainsaw". I just want a more efficient way to program IP Offices'. If it's not possible let me know but I'm curious to see what you guys can dig up and or figure out.

Anything That Can Go Wrong, Will Go Wrong-De Morgan

AFAIK and from the manual although there are few more commands if you look around

Overview
The DTE port on the back of an IP Office Control Unit is not normally used when configuring an IP Office system. However the DTE port can be used to erase the system's operational software and/or configuration if necessary.
Due to the drastic nature of these actions they should only be performed if absolutely necessary to return a system back to working order. In either case you must ensure that you have a backup copy of the system configuration.

You can also Telnet to an IPO and type 'help' for a list of commands although these seem to be for maintenance rather then general configuration.

Copy that, thank you. After speaking to a coworker he kind of said the same thing. I just wanted to ask the Avaya Community if there was anything. I also just found something that said it doesn't save commands to the flash memory and will be deleted once you reboot. I'll leave the forum open for anyone else to put their input. Thank you.

If you want to script, go to Avaya's DevConnect website and look at the APIs and SDKs for IP Office.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

If you have a base configuration that you like to start from, create it offline and then export as binary. You can select the things that you will export, and you might as well export everything that is available. Then when you start on a new control unit (or a new offline config for a new control unit), import the binaries for the things that you want to be the same as your base config.

I've done that using Notepad ++ by exporting the config as a CSV. Thank you sir.

I do not recommend you import the config as a CSV you will get all sorts of odd things happen.

I don't see the point unless you are configuring lot of systems.

Sizbut is absolutely right you should be using the API interface. We have used this to create a tenanted IP Office solution that makes multiple changes form one command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back