Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming an exsisting phone line on a M7310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran123

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
US
I do not have a manual for this phone, how do I program an exsisting phone line to make a third line on a M7310 phone?

Nortel Meridian (phone Meridian M7310) - Norstar Plus Compact ICS NT7856. I have two lines on the phone already. I have a telephone line that is not being used and would like to program it to the phone on the "LINK" button as a third line- because I do not use the link.

In programming, go to TERMINALS and SETS, then LINE ACCESS, show the set you want to add the line to. Add it in.
It won't be on your link button, unless the link button happens to be the next button down from the lines that are already on your set. You can then use FEATURE *81 to move the line to the button you want.

MarvO said it

Thank you Marv01....another question about adding the third line on to the phone - even though it is a different phone number from line 1 will the calls from that number "Line 1" bounce off onto the newly installed third line if the first line is being used? Or is there a way to program that too?

The only way line 1 will roll to the new line is if you have them set up in a hunt group from Telco.

Good Luck!!

The first two lines are set up as a Hunt Group - how can I incorporate that with the third line - also, I don't have to do anything to the port box after I program the phone with the third line?

Terms get confusing, but like executone said, you will have to contact your phone line service provider to have them add your 3rd line to be rolled to if the other is/are busy.

Nortel's term for HUNT GROUP is completely different than a Rotary Hunt from your provider. If you are just wanting to add your 3rd line to your Norstar hunt group, it should not be assigned to a phone.

Just re-read what I wrote, and it doesn't even make sense to me. Hard to explain from a keyboard, but am trying.

MarvO said it

Thanks for your reply MarvO.... i am still confused. The phone has LINE ONE (555-0000) and LINE TWO (555-1111), but LINE 1's will bounce off to LINE TWO if LINE ONE is busy. LINE TWO has call waiting on it. If I program the phone to have a LINE 3 with a different phone number (555-2222)are you saying that I have to call the phone company to have them put that into the hunt group? Or can I just program the phone number to LINE 3 and not worry about LINE 1's calls to bounce onto it. I am paying for a connected third line from the phone company and it is not being utilized. All I want to do is be able to use the line on my phone along with a few others? I just want to make sure I have this right before I program the link button (which is underneath LINE 1 & 2 and I am unable to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back