Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming a Norstar ATA 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCat123

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2002
US
Using an analog phone hooked up to a Meridian DR2 via an ATA, how do I access the following functions? :

1. A call comes in and I pick up on the analog phone - I want to manually transfer this call to another extension on the Meridian system.

2. A call comes in and I pick up the analog phone - I want to manually transfer this call to an outside phone number (i.e. someone's cel phone). To do this I will need to send a flash to the service line to get a dial tone before dialing the telco's call transfer code.

Thanks to anyone who can help. I still haven't been able to locate a manual or sheet on the ATA's that tell me how to do these things. If someone has this, that would be even better!

For the most part with ATA's what you do for accessing features is first flash the analog phone (norstar calls this link) then dial * followed by the feature code. so for a transfer to another extension flash * 7 0 ext hangup. for a centrex/outside line transfer flash * 7 1 number hangup (or flash * 7 1 for an outside confrence. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

A detailed description is in order.

This is a Norstar Meridian with the Compact DR2 firmware.

Line 1 thru Line 6 are all set as public lines with the prime set for each set to 24. Under call handling, I have direct to prime turned on and delay set to 1. There is an ATA on extension 24 with an analog phone for testing. This configuration achieves the ability to have any inbound call ring in on the ATA phone so long as it's not already preoccupied with another call. Once I have the rest of these details hammered out, there will be an automated attendant attached to this ATA instead of the test phone.

Under the config menu, under line access, I have the following tree and set configurations for set 24:

Line Assignment: No lines assignd
Ringing: inaccessible due to no lines being assigned
Line pool access: All line pools set to N
Intercom Keys: 2
Prime line: I/C

I can pick up the set on 24 and just dial '23' (no *) and the phone on extension 23 will ring.

I can dial *1 + autodial # and this works (i.e. autodial 11 set as F71) - so I have at least a way to do the outside transfers.

I can't dial *7023, 7023, or any other combination I've tried without the call only going on hold and not being transferred to any specific extension. It seems that as soon as the '7' registers it goes on hold. My software is very old (DR2). As always - any help that is provided is much appreciated.

OK I dug out my ATA User card and found the listing for DR2:
to transfer a call link 9 then enter extension when answered link 3 then hangup.
Other features for DR2 are:
Alternate line link 9 (alternate between i/c and external line)
Call Fwd: link 4 canx link 1 4
Conference call: make first call, link 9 make second call link 3 to interrupt conference call link 1 7
Hold Link 7 canx link 1 7
Last Number link 5
Page Link 6 canx link 1 6
Ring again link 2 canx link 1 2
Speed dial link 0
long tones link 8 canx link 1 8
BTW Link is Also Known As Flash JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

This doesn't work either. Maybe I've been misinformed as to my version. In the system config, System version is reported as 30DBG04. Feature 70 + extension works for transfers coming from the M7208 phones - just not from the ATA's. Thanks so far for your help. I hope that someone has a solution out there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back