Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROGRAMMING A MUTE BUTTON 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecommgurl

Technical User
Apr 19, 2011
US
Is there any way to program an addtional "Mute" button (besides the Hands Free/ Mute)? I am trying to mute certain calls without putting the phone on Speaker/Hands Free.

Any Suggestions??

if you have a mute button and talking on handset just hit the mute

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

the mute button works with handset on both IP sets and 39xx that I use.

Mato' Was'aka

I am using a 2616 and if I am using the handset and I hit the Hands free/ Mute button while on the line it just puts the phone on Speaker/mute. It allows you to put the phone on mute only if it is on Speaker.

because HF/mute is all on key 15 on a 2616, you are stuck with that, unless the trunk you are on allows for *6 mute code??

Mato' Was'aka

..or upgrade to a new digital/IP phone which does have a separate mute button.

For M2000 phones... options...

- Put the call on hold (if you don't need to listen in)
- Use a headset with a mute button in the amplifier
- Buy one of these: - Fabricate a mute switch that goes between the phone and handset
- Upgrade to a 3900 or IP series phone

I dunno about more economical... those handsets go for around $95/ea - for a few bucks more you can get a refurb 3904 (new starting around $150 or so). New 1120e's don't go for much more than a new 3904.

On the other hand, we have customers who go through 3900 series handsets like there's no tomorrow because the weight in the earpiece breaks off pretty easily when the handset gets dropped enough times and rattles around inside the handset. I can see that being an expensive proposition in some of the more heavy duty environments where they'd be better off with a standard analog phone with a less expensive G-style PTT/PTM handset from Clarity or Walker that's built so well you can use it as a hammer to nail 2x4's together with! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back