Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming 8th & 9th lines on M7310 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcwinont

Technical User
Aug 9, 2003
CA
Thank in advance for any help.

I have an MICS 0x32 system version 30nCG19 NAT and just added two new lines.

I have already set the line access for the phone to show these two lines. However they do not appear on the phone. Do I have to do a 'Feature 3' to program the phone for the lines? When

TCWINONT

AvayaGuy

Thanks for your reply. Actually on my phone, a 7310, I have 7 lines showing. Maybe you were referring to the 7208? The 7310 has 10 buttons with 'arrow' LCD indicators beside them and light up accordingly with each line in use.

TCWINONT.

How many intercom/extension keys do you have on the phone?

you need min 1 icom button and hf denied that will get you 9 programable buttons

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Someone can correct me if i am wrong but i think you can even have zero (0) icom and handsfree off. That will permit 10 lines on the 7310. of course, without icom that set cannot initiate or receive internal calls. However, the set can still tranfer to internal icoms.

DD

DDionne:

That's interesting. I'm going have to try that.

But however, my original question still remains. Anybody?

Tcwinont

If you put 10 lines to Appear&Ring on a 7310 you will have to delete any intercom appearances or handsfree.
Also, you will not be able to be called internally, page, park calls, voicecall, recieve voicecall, access voive mail, transfer to voice mail or any other feature that requires an intercom link. Just my opinion but the disadvantages outweigh the gain of the 2 additional line appearances. Upgrade to 7324 sets or 7316's with 6.1 software if you really need the line appearances, or park & page everything

How about just make them ring on the phone.
Won't that let you answer it without using so many buttons.

Sounds like the easy solution is get an M7324.
They are all over eBay or call your vendor for a refurb.

Looks like you have MICS R1T1.
For assigning lines 8 and 9, are you using line numbers 28 and 49 to assign? Hope so.

MarvO said it

Guys:

Thanks for your responses. I think I figured it out. On the phone that I want the 9 lines on, it is a release 15A. On my phone that I had 8 lines on, it was release 17 but I had programed for 'handsfree' on my extension that's why I couldn't get the 9th line. It was important for me to get all 9 lines on the release 15a phone because it was a secondary phone for my receptionist in another part of the office away from her desk. I am assuming because of the different releases that it was a limitation in the design electronics on the 15a. I will have swap this phone with a newer release.

Tcwinont.

This may be a dumb question, but shouldn't it technically give you 9 line apperances if you have 1 intercom button and no handsfree on any M7310?
I say dumb because i never bothered to look at the releases of the phone, i always assumed it would be that way.
Am i asking too much?
And if it is true, is that the same for a M7324?
Gabriel

galfaro:

I think you're right. I'm not at my office at the moment but i remember seeing under programming a section to specify the number of intercom buttons. I'll have to specify 1 for intercom and disable handsfree like Ddionne said in a previous post. It might have nothing to do with the releases at all like I thought it might have. I'll experiment and post my results

Tcwinont

Get a m7324 and be done with it,they dont cost much any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back