Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming 4 digit dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtslater

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2003
US
We are running G3R's in two of our sites, Tampa and Baltimore. We use 4 digital dialing to reach each others sites. We recently added a new DID range, "2800", to the Baltimore Office. I cannot remember, for the life of me, how to set this up using DSA so that a user in Tampa only has to dial the last 4 digits of the extension, and the switch will add the XXX-XXX to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I think this answers your question - Try the ARS digit-conversion table:
[tt]
Matching Pattern Min Max Del Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req
1212 11 11 11 12105551212 ars y n
[/tt]

Susan
[sub]A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.[/sub]
[sup]Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)[/sup]

I checked that, and it doesnt appear to be setup that way for the existing block of DID's in the 2900 range. Is there another way to configure this?

Yes, using DCS/UDP. Basically to use DCS/UDP then you would go in the udp table and add a three digit prefix to the range in question, 28xx. Doing that adds the three digit prefix automatically to the 4 digit dialed number. In the aar analysis table add a line to match the three digit prefix. Something like this

display aar analysis 1 Page 1 of 2
AAR DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE
Percent Full: 6
Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
222 7 7 102 aar 2 n

So the number to be dialed would be 222-28xx. Route pattern 102 is the route to the other switch should be set to strip the first 3 digits. Something like this:

display route-pattern 102
Pattern Number: 102
Grp. FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Del Inserted IXC
No. Mrk Lmt List Digits Digits
1:12 0 3 user

You can use this option if you have a tie trunk between the switches. If actual routing needs to be done through the public network then I would suggest using Susan's idea. However a combination of the UDP + AAR table can be used also.

TJStars programming above is correct if you have tie trunks as he stated, but if you are using the public network, you will likely find the translation in the AAR Digit conversion table, not the AAR Analysis table as would be the case above.

In that case you will see the UDP code & the area code & NXX in the insert column with routing to ARS as illustrated below (assuming your DID is 280-28xx). The call would route to ARS & follow the same route pattern as if you had dialed 9-410-280-28xx directly.

Also the UDP form changed with MV 1.1, so the programing in those forms is a little different. If you can't figure that one out, let me know the release of the Florida switch & I can send you some examples. My email is paul.beddows@telus.com. (I'm retiring in 3 weeks, so I don't care if spammers get my work email)

AAR DIGIT CONVERSION
Percent Full: 6
Dialed Total Del Repl Net Conv
String Min Max String
222 7 11 3 410280 ars n

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Status
Not open for further replies.