Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programmer Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ackka

Programmer
Sep 25, 1999
US
I am currentely in college as a Computer Science student, I have taken C,C++,Java, Object Oriented Proggraming etc...

Does anyone have any good advice on languages or concepts, that they feel will be important in the years to come, specifically related to programming.....(besides the usual Java will take over the world :) )

thanks,

I am considering Wireless as the next field to enter.

Wireless is where HTML was 5 years ago.

I think that Wireless is the next area of growth, peaking in about 5 years.

Users have always wanted.
1) information on demand and on site.
2) How about a weather interface for outdoor adventures or contracters based on an XML interface to a Cell phone or a Palm Pilot.

Which I am sure that they already have...but you get the idea.

IMO, recommendation is to really know XML, parsing, SAX, DOM, XSLT, etc. This will be a good foundation for B2B, P2P and other data interchange solutions. It's also language agnostic - you can use it with C, C++, Java, PHP, you name it.

===========================================
Small footprint P2P web server for Windows,
File-sharing, mobile/wireless apps & more
===========================================

I think the future will move toward mainframes again and p2p for the rest. Along with the wireless stuff, I do thinkz the mainframe will survive, from the standzpoint that multip virtual servers can be created and thereby create the illusion of not only client to server, but p2p which I think will be the catalystz for da future.

Hey ame12 thanks for the tip, i actually just started to learn about XML in the last month, seems pretty cool, was using it for some webdav stuff for my job.

ackka

ackka
ackka@mad.scientist.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back