Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programmed Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
On the 6400 series they have preprogrammed printed keys with Spkr,Mute, Hold, Redial etc. Is there a way to remove one of them. The problem we ar facing is with the redial button. New patients (we are a hospital) can hit redial and see the number last dialed. I tired the refresh button but that did not delete the last numebr dialerd. Any suggestions?

Wow, you're using 6400s for patient phones? We use $10 trimlines because the amount of wear/tear and theft that occurs. Not to mention the fact that each phone has to be cleaned and sanitized between each patient and that's a lot easier to do with a trimline than a digital set.

If you're in the US and dealing with HIPAA I'd sell replacing those 6400s with trimlines that do not have a redial feature. You could be in violation if a patient requested not to be on your facility directory and the next patient finds out they were there by hitting redial and reaching their house or office.

To answer your real question, I know of no way to reprogram those fixed buttons.

Maxg is right. Having another patients information where anyone can see it can cause you many headaches with HIPAA

We too are a hospital and we use 2500 desk sets. I think you could save your place of business a ton of money and resolve your problem at the same time by using some cheap single line phones. Here they all get dropped,torn out of the wall,soaked with saline, ( saline does them real good ),or stolen.

If you find any mistakes, please consider that they are there for a purpose. And everyone needs a purpose.
Hope this helps, Mikey.

Thanks for all your views. I will take that up with upper management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back