Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programing Vectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

smisito

Technical User
Sep 23, 2010
US
Hello,

I'm building a vector in Avaya CM 5.2 and I'm hoping someone can help me with a routing issue I have.

I'm building an ACD and after I queue to a skill, I have an announcement stating "to leave a message, please press 1 or stay on the line to be answered by a live agent." If the caller selects 1, the call should route to a virtual voice mailbox I have set. If they hold, the call continues in a loop until an agent is free to take the call.

Does anyone know how to set this up? I'm trying "goto" steps, route to steps and variables. I cannot seem to get this working. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it greatly.

I want to add that if I add a "collect digits after announcement" step, I can begin routing to the voice mail extension, but the station disconnects. I receive a "idle station" in my trace.

Thank you.

You need to play the announcement in a collect step:

Collect 1 digit after announcemnet xxxx for none

then your next steps need to be goto if digit = 1

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

here is an example:

01 queue-to skill X pri l
02 collect 1 digits after announcement XXXXX for none
03 goto step 6 if digits = 1
04 wait-time 30 secs hearing music
05 goto step 1 if unconditionally
06 messaging skill XXX for extension XXXX
07 stop

That should work.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Thank you Stinney and Tweege.

I did program it correctly it seems. I think the issue is that once the call is routed to the VM extension, the call is disconnected for some reason. This is difficult to troubleshoot.

The call is being sent to our VM hunt group. I can see call reach one of the extensions assigned to the VM port; however the call disconnects instead of entering this ext / VM box.
I can call this VM without issues and this VM box is being used in production today.

Strange issue, We cannot seem to understand what can make the hunt group or extension drop the call. Any ideas?

Thank you both for your input regarding this issue.

The skill in your step messaging skill XXX for extension XXXX is the voicemail skill right?

So if your voicemail hunt group is 99, the line in your vector should be:

messaging skill 99 for extension XXXX

- Stinney

Maybe that is the issue. I cannot use that messaging command as it states "Hunt Group not designated for messaging". We have a 3rd party VM service and the admins before me set this up as a "ddc" group type.

What if you change the messaging line to be:

route-to XXXX with cov y if unconditional

where XXXX is the extension you want to route the call to voicemail

- Stinney

The way you mentioned is the way I have it set up now.

That will send the call to the voice mailbox, but the call disconnects for some reason once it hits the VM hunt group or one of the extensions assigned to the voice mail ports. The extension that hosts one of the VM ports just releases the call and the extension displays "idle" in a trace.

Check the coverage path for this extension.

See if the setting called "Cvg Enabled for VDN Route-To Party?" is set to yes.

- Stinney

Also, if it's set up as a ddc hunt group, try tracing the extension that is going to take the call and see what events you get.

- Stinney

Thanks Stinney.

It was set to no - I have changed it to yes.

This didn't seem to work either. I don't know if this helps, but when I test, I even see the station name pop up on my phone with cover. Then the call disconnects.

I also have "Hunt after cover" marked as no on the coverage path. Should this be yes for this to work?

Does the coverage path "active" have to be set to yes? Would this mean that the call is active and not sending it to the coverage path correctly?

Hunt after cover is to send the call to the Hunt-to Station field in the station form, shouldn't need to do anything with that.

With active set to yes, calls redirect if at least one call appearance is busy on a physical phone. Shouldn't need this either.

What's the coverage points of the coverage path this extension uses? I would assume it the Voicemail hunt group.

Can you do a list trace of the voicemail extension that takes the call?

Do you see any denial events for the vector or the extension that takes the call?

- Stinney

so after much more testing, I see that the cover fails because of the whisper prompt. I see that the board plays the announcement and the voice mail extension stays idle instead of active.
If I remove all VDN overrides on the main VDN and sub VDN, the call routes fine into voicemail if I press 1 during the collect digits line. Once I incorporate the whisper prompts by allowing VDN override, the whisper announcement plays when it's trying to send to voice mail.

Any ideas around that? At least I have a root cause now!

Change the COR of the voicemail extensions to a different COR that has the Hear VOA set to no.

- Stinney

Thank you Stinney! That worked!

I have created a new COR with the VOA set to no. Assigned this COR to all the extensions that host our voicemail in the hunt group and sure enough, it worked.

Thank you very much for all of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back