Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programatically change pagesetup on 300 drawings at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabjro

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
I need to change the pagesetup on all layouts on a selected set of drawings. Is there a way to do this programatically, or do I need to open every one and change the setup in every layout?

Thanks
Mabjro

Do you know LISP or VBA?
Do you have Microsoft Access? I can help if you using VBA if you do.
dposton@barcodeone.com

DougP, MCP

Sorry Doug,
I did not think anyone posted to this question. I am a novice with VBA and pretty good at Access. If you have the time and want to help, I would love to know how to bring all of this together.
Hope your still there.
Jonathan

Doug,
Specifically, I am trying to change the (x) plot offset to 1" on about 300 drawings. I want to do this because I need to get them into a binder. I will use batch plotting to print them all. The drawings were originally set up to be printed on 36" x 24". When I print them to fit on 11 x 17 there is about a 1" margin on the right side of the page. I found that if I change the plot offset to 1" on the (x), the margin shifts to the left side of the page. This way I can bind them on the left. It would be helpful if there was a way to automate this change to page setup. Is the page setup dialog box a form with properties and methods? If it is, can I access them and how? If not, could you show me how VBA applies.
Thank you,
Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back