Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program window pops up on startup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno2000

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
SE
How do i get rid of the program window that pops up everytime i restart my computer?
I know i'm supposed to uncheck something in Msconfig autostart ,but there are so many to choose from..
What should i look for in Msconfig?
Or is there a better solution?

You could check you startup folder to see what apps are in it. We are always looking for new members at our computer forums: Please come join our community too.

There's nothing in the startup folder that has anything to do with it ,and that website you gave me lists allmost none of the things i have in my MSconfig :(

The simplest way is to edit the registry under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (or Run- or Runonce) and delete the Name of the unwanted program(s). This is accomplished by: Start/Run/Regedit commands then Highlight My Computer and do a Edit/Find (F3 till you find the above mentioned location. Good Luck

What program window is it?? "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back