Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program wants to install Office 2000 Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuan3249

Programmer
Aug 13, 2001
US
I've completed my program and used installshield to build the install for it. After installing it on another machine, I tried running it and it runs but in certain places, it wants to install Office 2000 Premium on there.

Does any1 know why this is happening? I am using a database (MS Access) in my program. Does this have anything to do with it? I have MDAC 2.6 installed on the machine.

If you click on cancel to cancel the Office 2000 Premium installation, the program can continue to do its task just fine. Thanks in Advance.

Tuan3249,
I think what is going on is the following:

I have both Access 97 and Access 2000 running on my machine. If the version of Access that I have opened is MS Access 97, and I am opening an MS Access 2000 database, you will see the Windows Installer kick in. The Installer is not actually installing anything but is updating the environment. Basically your computer is updating all of the personalizations settings for MS Access 2000 to use. Probably also resetting the default Open With... to MS Access 2000 not 97.

I don't notice any delay in opening an Access 97 database.

Thanks for the response BigD, but how do I correct this? When you let Office does it thing, does that go away afterward?

Howdy,

You most likely have to run the MDAC_typ install within your InstallShield installation script. I don't think you have all the dynamic link libraries required within your script. This same 'error' occurs on a network based application we wrote when the customer attempts to execute the program without performing or finishing the installations.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply.

I do have MDAC_typ in the installshield. All database access will not work without MDAC installed unless the user has MS Office installed already.

Tuan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back