Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program too big for memory on a console app

Status
Not open for further replies.

consistomagus

Programmer
Aug 28, 2002
US
I'm constructing a console app with visual C++ and I keep getting the error "Program too big for Memory" when I try to run the exe. The exe is only 180kb and I have 1.5gb of ram in an XP box! I don't understand. I'm still a young C programmer however this doesn't make sense that I am running out of memory. Is their something I may be overlooking in the design of the app possibly? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Consistomagus

Did you define a local variable that might exceeds the stack size?
for example:

char szXX[10*1024]; // 10Mb memory storage.

This definition is exceeds the stack size.

I don't beleive so.. however is their a way to increase the stack size to try to trouble shoot the problem?

I don't beleive so.. however is their a way to increase the stack size to try to trouble shoot the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back