Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program PIX with secondary IP for SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarimMTI

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2006
US
Is it possible to configure a PIX515E (Version 6.3) with an IP address from a different range? The PIX is currently configured for 111.222.33.44/29. I have a second set, 444.333.22.111/29 and I want to take one IP address from that range and use it specifically for SMTP. I hope this make sense.

no it doesnt, what sort of IP address is 444.333.22.111/29

that's just dummy data..thats not my real ip address. Basically I want to setup my mail server to route outgoing email through an IP address from my secondary IP range. The IP address we currently use is in a range that is blacklisted in several spam databases due to spammers using IP addresses in the same range, so my ISP provided me with a secondary IP range we could use and I want to take one IP address from that range and route outgoing emails through that.

If your ip addresses are listed on spam server databases, there is a process to get it removed, if you have reasons to believe you are being penalised wrongly. That is the legitimate way to go about it.

Yes I'm aware. I'm in the process of trying to get removed from all the blacklists, but there's not guarantee that we won't get blacklisted again if we stay in the same IP range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back