Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program Neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRCC

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
CA
Hi all.

I'm running Metaframe XPa on a Windows 2000 server. All patched current.

I installed Citrix PN on a staff laptop recently (using the same client, IPsettings, etc as PN installed on my personal laptop). My laptop PN works perfectly. The problem I'm having with the staff laptop is that when it connects, instead of showing her published apps list that she has rights to (application set, i believe its called), it connects directly to my primary Citrix server which she definately DOES NOT have rights to.

I know that this is not much info to go on and I assume you fine folks will require some more info from me, but hopefully I can get an idea of where to begin looking for the problem.

TIA for any and all help!

Mark

Just a couple of questions.

How is the laptop logging in to the network? Each user should have their own settings. If you copied your settings to the new computer, there may be an option selected in your settings that remembers your username and password and automatically log you into program neighborhood instead of the other user.

When PN is launched, does it ask for a username and password?

Sean

It sounds like you've specified the server name or ip address rather than the application set name. In PN, did you create a custom ICA connection or go through the Find New Application set wizard?

Hi rbold.

Thanks for your response!

Figured it out on my own (a miracle in it's own right lately!).

The problem occurs when initially setting up PN. At that point, you only have the options to specify a desktop or application to run. If you don't actually go in and use the Find New App Set wizard, then any user you log in as will have full access to, in this case, our primary Citrix server.

Once I actually found the "Find New App Set" icon, using the "UP" arrow and allowed PN to "find" our farm, then all worked perfectly.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back