Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program Key 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunovilleneuve

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
Hi, I have to configure a m2008 phone with 8 keys at the right of it. The keys 6 and 7 (last two ones at the top) are 6: Hands Free and 7: Program.

I've been able to find out Hands Free which is HFA and in OTM the key becomes gray; perfect. But when i come to set the Program key, i don't find the feature. So here's my question:

What's the feature for the Program key to be able to set up the ringing tone, contrast, etc.

Thanks a lot

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Check the CLS, sounds like you have the Display turned on for the phone.

When the phone is programmed with CLS of ADD or TDD, the Program key will automatically appear. To remove that key, you have to remove the display programming by making CLS be NDD. (Sometimes you have to set CDCD before it will allow you to set NDD)

War Eagle!!

Thanks for the quick reply. Here's what I have in the CLS Feature:

PAGENET (PGNA) Denied
Outgoing call Barring (OCBA) Denied
Trun-Call Tupe Access Restriction (CLS) Conditionally Toll Denied
Network Class of Service (NCOS) 00
Trunk Group Access Restriction (TGAR) 1
Pretranslation Group (XLST) 0

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

There is a lot more to CLS than those things. And NCOS, TGAR, and XLST are not part of CLS.

War Eagle!!

hmm .. ok well i don't know the existance of any command line lol it's the kind of setup that's "already done" and have to learn how it works .. anyways, we're moving the VoIP soon.

There must be a way to setup that key .. or do I need to kill the TN and do it again? When creating a m2008, those keys will appears by themselves?

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Typically there is a command line interface terminal near the PBX. I'm sorry, I can't help with OTM setup and operation.

War Eagle!!

I totally understand, otm is a piece of biiipp
can't wait to change the whole system lol
I'm gonna find a way to enter in command line but do you have any clues to get there? the name of the file or something

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

I notice CDCA (Conference Display Count) is an option. Set that to Deny/No (I've seen that be the reason for no key 7 on OTM)

Also anything entry with the word display in it, set to Deny/No. The exception is if you see an entry that says "Display Deny", which of course you want to deny :)

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

I believe there is a way to do an "overlay passthru" in OTM to get to the command line. Otherwise, just go to the PBX room and look around for a VT or WYSE terminal.

War Eagle!!

Well you know what .. i'm just gonna put an ADL on this Key anyway, nobody is used with this program key. hehe

Thanks for you help tho! really quick replies. see you next time guys

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back