Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program Issues with windows 2k pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy620

Technical User
May 27, 2004
US
I am having constant issues with programs i am using with my 2k pro workstation. I am getting errors that shut down my programs all the time. I have tried repairing my windows installation and it says nothing is wrong. Any ideas.. I am also getting a windows installer that pops up, but does not install anything.. HELP WOULD BE SO NICE!

Scot has a point.
However, I had the same problem and that is bringing me here again today.
But I did figure out what it was....Office!!
If thats not your problem. Try running all the programs that you have singlely...you may find that more than 1 program isn't installed.
Once you find out what programs aren't installed you must remove them from Add/Remove programs and reinstall.:(
The reason why this happened (I suspect)is when you repaired your 2Kpro, those programs didn't come with it and Registry is incorrect.
Hope this helps

Pinseaking

Similar problems occour when Office 2000 is not installed completely.During office 2k instll. select custom instll. & on selecting features screen on microsoft office select "run all from my computer" & pls restart the system immidiately installation.
If this doesnt help pls be a bit more specific on ur querry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back