Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program code to move Station ID to another Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishmantv

Technical User
Feb 3, 2004
US
I'll explain...

I'm at Office #1 with extention 3030
Office #2 has Extention 3040, but is not
used by anyone.

I need to program Office #2 phone with
my Extention..

I recall the Program Code being something
like "#311 and some other numbers"

Can anyone help...
dishmantv@yahoo.com

You have to first look and see what codes are set in your switch for disassociate and associate. The you need to disassociate both phones. You will then associate your extension at location 2.
If you need to use your extension at both locations you might be better off to bridge the appearance.

In the switch, type "display feat", then look for the codes for TTI (Terminal Translation Initilization). Write down both the merge and seperation codes.

Then type, "display sys fea" and go to the second page. Look for the "TTI Security Code" and write that down.

(By the way, you can only do this if both of the phones are the same type, i.e analog or digital.)

Go to the 1st office and dial:
Seperation code
TTI security code

Then go to second office and dial:
Seperation code
TTI security code

Now merge your phone to the second office:
Merge Code
TTI security code

Now you can put the other phone in the first office by going back there and dialing:
Merge Code
TTI security code

So I guess:
#311 Seperation code (Disassociate)
*311 Merge code (Associate)
with No TTI Security Code..

You have to have a security code, even if its the number one.

There is a quick way of moving phones. You have to make sure TTI is turned on (second page of 'cha sys fea' as well as just under it on the same page 'Customer Telephone Activation(CTA) Enabled? Y'. Now go do a 'cha sta xxxx' on the two phones. 'X' port them (put an X in the 'port' area on the first page of the station form). Now go swap the stations physically if needed. After you plug the phone in, if you had to move it, press #*XXXX (XXXX being the ext you wish it to become).
With CTA enabled, all you ever have to remember is to 'X' port the stations in software, then plug the phone into an unused/x-ported jack and press #*(ext). Or just 'X' port them and tell the EU to take the phone label to their new location and type in #*ext. Not too many customers know about CTA and the #* feature. I think its a great feature. But the real jewel is serialized 6400 series sets. 9.2 and above remembers the serial number of the set and associates it with the ext. So if you unplug a 6400 set and on the 2nd page of the station form, you have 'Automatic moves' stroked to 'always' or 'once', you can move the phone. Kinda like having a static ip to a MAC address on a computer network.

Also it could have been a PSA code. Look in display features you may have a associate and dis-associate code for PSA. Then you can move phones as long as they are the same type by using this code. I beleive you also need to enter the station security code as well.

Question for PBXTech, after enabling CTA in Sys Fe, changing the 2nd page on my 6416 to 'always'and X-porting my the station....I tried the #*XXXX which was successful, but I noticed that the same field on the station form where I programmed 'always' changed to 'error'. Typical? Does this just mean that a move was detected?

What is the difference between TTI and automatic moves. To me it looks like both need the ports to be xported in the system and connected using a code. Please clarify. Thanks.

you don't need to have the station 'x' ported when using ACTR (automatic cust terminal relocation), just set to 'always' or 'once'. The digital port on the other end has to be and open port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back