Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

program button with show to indicate extension get a call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunknowl

Programmer
Aug 18, 2020
US
hi, i try to program a different button with light to make sure that let say extension 18 is ringing and that button with light is flashing thanks

Nope - There is "Auto Intercom" button for another extension, but it only indicates Idle, In Use, and DND. Not Ringing.

Maybe..... take the Green/Red pair for Ext.18 and connect to a free Line port. Assign that line to the phones. Make it NO ring, and NO Access. When Ext. 18 is "ringing", this light will be blinking. Only extra confusion will be when 18 is no longer ringing, this line button will continue to indicate ringing for an additional 2 ring cycles until the system realizes that there is no longer any incoming ring voltage

hi touchtonetommy,
how do you do it? you cut green red wire from ext 18 and put in line 5? like a jumper and how do you assign line to ext??

i try to make ext 18 like a new line5 (not ring but have button flashing that anyone can pick up)

can aa1 foward line 1 to line 5?

Did you decide to have an actual phone plugged into Ext. 18? If not, run a line cord from Ext. 18 to Line 5. If so, run a line cord from the AUX jack on the bottom of the phone (Ext. 18) to Line 5.

Now program Line 5 on a phone. Put it on a button away from the rest of the lines, so you can easily spot it.
#301-{Extension Number}-05-3-{Press the button where it will appear}

Program that line for "No Access", so that you don't actually pick it up trying to make an outgoing call, or answer it when it is ringing
#302-{Extension Number}-05-4

I think with No Access it will still ring, so go into Centralized Telephone Programming and set the line to No Ring

Now your call comes into Line 1. I forgot how you are getting the call to Ext. 18 (either pressing a selector code or timeout). Ext. 18 rings, but so does Line 5. Line 5 is just blinking because it's No Ring, and and you won't connect to it because of No Access. But you press Intercom and dial 618 which pulls the ringing call from Ext. 18 and brings it to your phone.

thanks touchtinetommy for your answer. it work.

just for a question. i try to do something like this
ring 4 times --> no one pickup aa1 --> timeout ring ext 18 --> no one pickup aa2 (i follow you instruction and it work, this is what i get so far)

the reason i do that because ext 18 like a overflow call and it work - aa1 and ext18 can handle multiple call

i try to put ext 18 button on all the phone so that any phone can pick up ext 18 call so that why i link ext 18 to line 5 (still folow your instruction, thanks again) but line 5 only handle 1 call, if multiple call it not work

do you have any solution for that? i try my best to think about this but cant solve it, thanks again

I haven't tried it, does 18 accept simultaneous transfers? Can you have 2 overflow calls ringing at 18 at the same time? The link from 18 to Line 5 is just to alert you that 18 is ringing, not the number of calls ringing at 18. Intercom 618 will pickup the longest ringing call (if 18 can take more than one call at a time).

the ext 18 does accept simultaneous transfers, i try using 2 incoming call line 1 and line 2 - aa1 accept transfers to ext 18. so ext 18 is include both line 1 and line 2. if line 1 pickup and talking, ext 18 still ringing for line 2 (it work)
but if i assign ext 18 to line 5, line 1 and line 2 are calling, if i pickup line 1 (same as line 5) then line 2 cant transfer because line 5 is busy. (only when i assign ext 18 to line 5)

how can i program a intercom 618 to a button with light?

hi touchtonetommy, i try to do this way if it possible

line 1 call aa1 then timeout ext 17 then line 3
line 2 call aa1 then timeout ext 18(if ext 17 is already get a call) then line 4

You'll need to direct Line 1 to AA1, and Line 2 to AA2, recording the same greeting for both. Set the selector code for AA1 to x17, the same selector code in AA2 to x18.

You would assign both lines in #206-7-0x-1, but in AA 2 select the option for Line Assignment, and assign Line 2 to AA2 - the setting in the ACS sends the call to the Voicemail system, the setting in the Automated Attendant determines which AA answers when it gets there

hi it work but i think i mess it up now, i try to reset to factory default to setup again so that i can do it in future

when i reset processor using #728 and message module using 98925327

the phone ring 1 time and aa1 come up again. i have this problem before and forgot how to fixed it

i try to set number of ring but it does work, it was working before, is this normal like this??

factory reset aa1 on 1 ring even i set line waiting for 4 ring?

It's not the AA that is answering. It's not saying "Thank you for calling. Please enter the extension number you want to speak with", it is saying "Transferring to Operator" and then goes to Ext. 10. This is because you have not programmed your Voicemail Port extensions into Hunt Group 7

So I could type this all out again, but instead go back to your previous post and see what you were instructed to do.

Once your misprogrammed VM ports are not grabbing every incoming call, set Line 1 and 2 to be answered by the Automated Attendant after X number of rings. In the VM, set Line 2 to be answered by AA2 (AA1 answering Line 1 is automatic). Do your loops between x17 and CO-3, and x-18 and CO-4. Assign Line 3 and 4 to your phones with no ring and no access. If it were me, I would place Line 3 (getting the overflow for Line 1) directly above the Line 1 button, and Line 4 (getting the overflow for Line 2) directly above Line 2. Then I would place an Intercom 617 and Intercom 618 button directly above those for easy pickup of the overflowing call.

Please download the manual and read through it. HERE is the one for R6, it is the same as R7 except for the number of lines and extensions on the Processor module.

hi touchtonetommy, i read and follow the last post that put ext 19 and 20 in hunting group 7, so that i can dial intercom 777 but it still say you call have been transfer??

hi touchtonetommy, this is just a update but i restore a backup from the processor and it work now
i think something to do with processor but anyway thanks for everything finally got it fixed thanks

i move the massaging to different slot so the ext become 43 and 44 now
now if ring 1 time and aa2 turn on, looke like it skip aa1

my last setup was ring 4 time aa 1 then ring ext 18 then aa2

Do you really have 308 modules in slots 1, 2, and 4? If not, don't skip slots, very bad practice on Partner systems. The Messaging module should be the "last" active module, so if you only have the ACS 509 and no other modules, messaging should be in slot 1 at the far left

i think the module is bad, i replace and it working, just a question about the incoming call all extensions ring
how can i set 18 not ring from that? because ext 18 is link to line 5 now i dont want it ring when all extension ring? thanks
is this a pickup group, calling group or hunting group?
something like ext 18 only ring on transfer not ring when incoming call

From Ext. 10:
Feature 00
Left Intercom Twice
Right Intercom Once
All lines assigned to Ext. 18 light up. Press each line to toggle 3 possible states, set each line to No Ring

Immediate Ring - LED is ON
Delayed Ring - LED is flashing slowly
No Ring - LED is fluttering
The display will also give you the ringing mode in plain text

Feature 00 to exit

hi i know the setting but what confuse is ext 18 is link to line 5 now, so i should set line 1 to 4 no ring on ext 18
is that mean when line 1 -4 calling ext 18 not flashing on line 5???

If I remember what you're trying to do....

Ext. 18 is going to get the overflow for Line 1 from Automated Attendant number 1, and is looped to Line 5

Ext. 17 is going to get the overflow for Line 2 from Automated Attendant number 2, and is looped to Line 4

For Ext. 18, Assign ONLY Line 1. For Ext. 17, Assign ONLY Line 2

#301-18-01-1
#301-18-02-2
#301-18-03-2
#301-18-04-2
#301-18-05-2

#301-17-01-2
#301-17-02-3-press the Line 2 button
#301-17-03-2
#301-17-04-2
#301-17-05-2

Now in Centralized Telephone Programming, Ext. 18, only Line 1 will be assigned, change it to NO Ring. Ext. 17, only Line 2 will be assigned, set it to NO ring. These extensions will only ever ring when a call is transferred to them from the Automated Attendant.

For your Ext. 10, I'm going to suggest that you set up the buttons as shown in the picture below. Set Line 1 and 2 to Immediate Ring, assign Line 5 and 4 positioned as shown and set to NO ring, program the Auto Dial buttons above those, and set Ext. 10's Auto Line Select to Intercom, Line 1, Line 2 so when you lift the handset you will be on Intercom, and the Auto Dial buttons will function straight away. To place outgoing calls, simply press Line 1 or Line 2 to get dial tone and call away.

18D_mtwtgp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back