Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program an Analog port NOT to ring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re3Todd

Technical User
Mar 8, 2005
US
I have an OPT61 Rls 4.5. I need to have a group of analog ports not to ring if someone dials them. They still need to dial out ,but not receive any calls. Does any one know how to do this?

Put all phone on one card, Cut the ring resistor's on the card for each port you don't want to ring. I did this once for about 20 phones.

its cheaper to break the ringer/buzzer on the analog phone itself then to cut the resistor on an analog line card...unless its the caller that you don't want them to hear ringing

To cut the ringer/buzzer on the phone, you need to open it up. also if the user is smart and wants to get calls he could replace his/her phone with someone elses. It doesn't cost anything ot cut the resistor and if you need the ringing put back, you can solder the wire at the cut.

How about just set each one up to call forward all calls to a msg of some kind so you change them back easily if you ever need to.

Two other options. Block incomming calls with class of service (FRE, FR1, FR2 depending of your configuration). Also possible to call forward telephone to voice mail were announcement says "no calls accepted at this phone". Possible to secure with a RCO programming. If for example RCO 2 is configured to 1 ring only with hunting no answer to voice mail, after one ring it's gone, even if CFW removed. You have to be very fast to answer before the end of the ringing...

another way to go is to have an ipe with no ring generator. all analog sets in that loop will not ring.. i used loop 88 1 for the sleep lab and modems for users that wanted outbound on there networked pc's.. if your system is large enough to allow that it just takes a flip of the switch.. i've used 7 digit dn's on sets with no ringer and block number display, since the user does not know the dn, it would be a little hard to guess, even if the number was displayed, it would be internal calls only.. another way to block calls to an analog is to hard forward the set then change the analog call forward cancel ffc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I kinda like the "break the phone" idea (lift the ringer leads. On a newewr phone, suoperglue the "ring off") as well as the Do Not Disturnb"

The shelf wi no ring gen is also worthy, but if you have multiple people administerting the system, that can be overlooked

If someone swaps it for a rining phone, that is not the employee you want on the payroll anyway - terminate

~

Seems that you have over looked the obvious. Make all the analog phones non DID numbers. They can still call out but no one can call in.

Someone could still transfer a call even without DID.

DNDI key on the console.

Individual Do Not Disturb (DNDI) allows the attendant to place a particular Directory Number (DN) in Do Not Disturb (DND) mode. A DN in this mode is free to originate calls, but appears busy to incoming calls.

A non DID can do everything a DID can do except be called from the outside world.

The stated requirment was "They still need to dial out ,but not receive any calls" ANY being the operative word. A NON-DID can receive calls.

next someone is going to mention the two cans and a string?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

JP, last time I stayed at the Dune in LV, I was wondering what the can and string on the night stand was for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back