Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program a set to the receptionist during the day & set at night. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

setprogram

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
Can anyone give me the steps in programming a set to ring to the main switchboard during the day and to ring directly to the set at night so that the voice mail for the set will answer?

Thanks so much.

Have you searched documentation for help on this?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

p.s- your question tells us you may want to call someone qualified to handle this......

Heed to atlanteltek's advice. Contact a vendor (No they won't bite)they are you friend. They can train you.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Thanks guys. We've gone through a technician or so. I'm pretty confident that if I can get all the steps, I can program a set.

I don't know what Key Service Unit we have. When I look in the electrical room, we have M0X8AM & MOX16 units. I've been through the lines and we have 23 PRI-A lines, 32 Loop Pool lines and 43 Loop public lines. In addition, we have 223 target lines, (and I have a map to each DID).

Some of our people are set up to ring at the reception's desk and ring in their office when we switch services on, but now all. I can make the phone ring at the receptionist's desk during the day by assigning their line to the switchboard DID and re-assigning to their DID after hours, but I want to just switch to nite ring and have the set ring at the reception's desk and their office. I think I can get their vm to pick-up first by forwarding to vm after 4 rings.

When I get a new person, I initiate their mailbox through the 983 feature and I have a vm DID that I can program in.\

Thanks again.

so during day to recept at nite to recpt and sets?
then sets to vm at 4?
recept to vm at 6?

Lugerlover,

Yep. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. So how do I get both phones to ring when I switch to Nite Bell?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're already using a service mode. Under line settings in the mode you're activating for the night bell, add the second set to the ring group assigned to the lines you need ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back