Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program a pause in DCFW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haus1962

Technical User
Feb 21, 2007
US
My customer is tring to automate a common function for his users. His users need to dial an external vendor and then enter a customer code. I built a phantom for him that will dcfw to the vendor. I can get to the vendor just fine but there is a 3 second pause needed before entering the customer code. I have used FTR DCFW (number)(#####)(customer code) but it fails. Replaced the # with | and , and p and * and they all fail. Is there a way to enter pauses?

81C - Suc 4.0

Thanks for any help you can give.

Don't think so. Have never made it work.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

I'm not sure if will work but you can try it using a ACD instead of a phanton DN, create an ACD and in dcfw put the number you trying to reach and the pause.

The problem I am facing is I don't know what to use for a pause... none of the characters I used above worked.

Thanks for your time.

If the trunks you are outdialing on are PRI, then all digits are collected and sent at once. You cannot pause the outpulsed digit stream and then send additional digits.

Ahhhhh that's were the problem is. Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back