Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profiles on login to Workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intensity109

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2002
AU
Hey All,

i was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the problem of when any user logs onto a win9x workstation it asks them

"you have not logged into this workstation before do you wish to save your preferences yes or no"

and on some machines when they select yes it creates a User.Dat file on the local machine and their user drive, which sometimes results in word getting errors saying this program is not installed for the current user...'

has anyone figured out a way to bypass this profile prompt on login? were using Netware 5.1 and Zenworks 3.2 and the workstations are all win9x

Thanks in Advance!

In Windows, Control Panel, Passwords, User Profiles, check "All users of this computer use the same preferences".

well as soon as i tried that, it appeared that my netware policies werent distrubuting out to workstations properly, as in users were getting all sorts of funny issues when they were logging into workstations......as soon as i turned the "all users of this computer use the same preferences" it seemed to be alright.....it could just be co-incidence.....or my netware box =) or it could be that quality product from microsoft.....good ol windoze 98 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back