Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profiles Issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZO900

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2003
US
Windows cannot log me on because the profile cannot be loaded error.

Try logging into the server locally first, logging out,then logging in through the ICA client.

Erik

"There are no stupid questions, But there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots."

The user can log on to the network and other Citrix servers, but just not one.

We had this problem, and once we loged into that specific users locally, it worked fine. It's kind of crappy solution,but it worked for us.
Erik

"There are no stupid questions, But there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots."

Just a thought , but we installed service pack 4 on one of our citrix servers and had the same problem, again only affecting that server. Apparantley MS in its wisdom changed the default behaiour of roaming profiles so if the user is not the owner of the profile it won't download, this was typically because we as administrators had took ownership and then reset the permissions.
The following article tells you how to turn this behaviour off.

peggers
Have been wondering about this behavior for the past few weeks. You have just pointed me to the answer. Thanks, heres a star for you

I have been putting off Sp4 at several places because of this issue. I have chacked it out and all appears good....
N'other star

Cheers
Scott

I seen this lots. The problem is most likely his profile did not unload from the last logon, or load properly.

Logon on as a Admin then use REGEDT32 (not regedit) go to 'HKEY_USERS' then just look for a profile that doesn't have a matching "_Classes" Key and unload it.

A quick way to see whom the profile (Key) belongs to is to highlite it and click security / permissions.

Eyrle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back