Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profile Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I have a big problem with the profile. When I log in to a different domain I loose the profile and the setup that I had with the previous domain. Is there any better way to
get around to this problem. How can I use the same profile logging on to a diferent domain.

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Maybe your profile is set to "Rooming profile"
-Right click on "My computer"
-Properties
-User profiles
-Choose your profile
-Change type
-Choose local profile

It may also be a security domain... you then need to ask your administrator.

Martin

MontrealSoft.com

You can't keep profiles across domains. when you log onto diffrent domains you get diffferent profiles. If you are using roaming profiles on both domains, you could copy one to the other. But you'd have to do this every time you update one profile to keep them in sync. If not roaming - again you could copy one 'local' to the other (using the copyto feature on Profiles Tab of system properties) - but same thing with synchronisation.

If you explain your setup, what you do and what you need in more detail, we could give better advice.

We have a Windows NT 4.5 SBS server setup sp 6a with exchange sp 4. At the moment we want to shut down the SBS and Install Windows 2000 server and exchange 2000. We have about 12 user connected to this old SBS domain. The new server Windows 2000 is ready but as soon as everybody logs in to a new domain they loose the profile and setup they had in the old computer like desktop history etc etc. Now what we want is copy the old profile so as soon as everybody logs in to a new domain they dont feel the difference about the new domain.

Thanks the problem is solved.
Right click my computer. Click user profile. Click copy to and copy to the user you want the prifile to be copied to. But must be logged in as Administrator of the computer you are coping the profile for Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back