Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profile Manager Greyed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfglover

MIS
Mar 7, 2002
US
I installed Brightstor (Arcserve 2000) on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. In the Utilities Menu the Profile Manager is greyed out. I need to setup some different profiles in the system but I can't figure out how to turn the Profile Manager on. Any ideas ??

Hi, did anyone find anything helpful on this issue?

Regards,
Nicolaj

Hi, did anyone find anything helpful on this issue? I have the excact same problem with BrightStor EB.

I also had the problem that when installing BEB the SETUP prompted me to set a password for caroot, but after installing the password didn't work - I could only logon using a blank password. And I get an error trying to change the password using CA_AUTH.EXE.

Regards,
Nicolaj

Hi
This options is grreyed out becuase it is not available
for NT/2000 version of the manager,as it is a Netware
features.

Let me know if you have further inquires

Regards
Mohamdr

wfglover,

You can change the caroot password using authsetup in the EB directory:
C:>authsetup /p <password>

Then use ca_conf to restart the services and then it should allow you to use the ca_auth functions after that.

D.

Thanks both of you for your answers.

I got the password for caroot changed using a lot of commands that CA Support sent me, most of the commands complained with some errors but finally the password was changed. All the standard tools didn't seem to work.

Instead I uninstalled BEB and installed it again - and when prompted for a password for the BEB Domain User &quot;caroot&quot; I didn't supply any, leaving the field blank and finishing the installation. After installation everything worked and the standard tools could be used to change the password for caroot.

Even though the setup program prompts for a password to set for &quot;caroot&quot; none should be supplied - leave the field blank. Why, you say? I don't know, but it says so in some issues at CA Support's techbase - even though this contradicts the BEB Setup screens during installation.

And quite frankly I have pretty much gotten used to CA's progs (and the accompanying errors) not making any sense. I haven't seen a single program from CA that acted they way it should (and we've had CA progs allover the place like Unicenter TNG, ASO, AHD, AMO, RCO, RP32, ARCserve, BEB etc. etc. etc).

Anyway, thanks for your help guys.

/Nicolaj

Thanks both of you for your answers.

I got the password for caroot changed using a lot of commands that CA Support sent me, most of the commands complained with some errors but finally the password was changed. All the standard tools didn't seem to work.

Instead I uninstalled BEB and installed it again - and when prompted for a password for the BEB Domain User &quot;caroot&quot; I didn't supply any, leaving the field blank and finishing the installation. After installation everything worked and the standard tools could be used to change the password for caroot.

Even though the setup program prompts for a password to set for &quot;caroot&quot; none should be supplied - leave the field blank. Why, you say? I don't know, but it says so in some issues at CA Support's techbase - even though this contradicts the BEB Setup screens during installation.

And quite frankly I have pretty much gotten used to CA's progs (and the accompanying errors) not making any sense. I haven't seen a single program from CA that acted they way it should (and we've had CA progs allover the place like Unicenter TNG, ASO, AHD, AMO, RCO, RP32, ARCserve, BEB etc. etc. etc).

Anyway, thanks for your help guys.

/Nicolaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back