Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

profile folder missing from sysvol

Status
Not open for further replies.

big40

MIS
Jul 1, 2003
IE
Hi

I recently installed an additional domain controller in a domain. I am now getting in the application log 'Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO'. I had a look and I don't appear to have the profile folder in sysvol, I have the scripts folder ok, though.

Can I copy the profile folder from the other domain controller ?

In the event viewer on the new dc I get a 13508 error for file replication

Thanks

Gary

Verify that DNS is setup properly on your new DC. If it is not, the FRS (File replication services) will not work properly and will prevent your DC from actually being a DC. If it is the second DC it's primary DNS needs to be pointed at the First DC, secondary points to itself. Good Luck!

"Experince That Counts

Hi Hockeman

thanks for your reply, i will try that and let u know how i get on.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I have another (older) dc in the domain. its missing the profile folder also. the profile folder only exists on the pdc.

I have tried that but no success.

Can i copy the profile folder from the other dc ?

I have the scripts folder ok but not the profile.

i've just noticed that the original dc in the domain is missing the 'do_not_remove_ntfrs_preinstall_directory from sysvol.

could this be causing file repliction to fail ?

I have windows 2000 professional pc connected to windows 2003 server. the user name to connect to windows 2003 server is missing now. pls help to recover the user profile in windows 2000 professional pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back