Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

profile error action GPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkassociate

Technical User
Jan 11, 2003
GB
Hello peeps, got a problem i need help with.
i work as a network manager for a school. The network is win2003 server standard with XP pro clients.
authenticated users are part of the administrators group on the client machines, in aprt to cure some Office issues and time synchronisation.
the students have worked out that if they remove the network cable after logging on instead of getting the roaming profile they get assigned a 'temp' profile. this I need to stop. i created a test OU in which was placed a test machine. In GPO under computer settings i enabled the 'profileerroraction' - to log users of if the roaming profile is not available, in addition to which i selected the 'delete roaming cache when user logs of' and 'number of cached copies - set to 0.
However the test machine still fails to log out when the cable is pulled. i even blocked 'inheritance and checked 'no overide' but the policy still won't apply.
i ran from the server the RSOP logging with a test user account. It says the policy was applied....no difference.
On the client machine i logged on and checked the registry, the reg value was correct. i am at a loss as to the problem.
any pointers would be appreciated.
many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back