Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Professional Hard Drive Recovery Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

talksr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2007
Hello, Does anyone know of professional software used for hard drive recovery? The same sort of software used by the companies advertising recovery services when you type in "professional hard drive recovery" to google.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most companies use a combination of things.including hardware repair and diagnostic, before actually looking into the software side of things.

If you can get your hard drive to be recognized by the BIOS the best pp i've found albeit a little expensive is runtime.org's Getdataback. Either for FAT or NTFS.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

vacunita, thanks for your post, it was very useful. Getdataback seems a useful program, I think I may get a copy.

Thanks again - I have made your post valuable - very helpful.

Ontrak, O&O, etc... are just a few names to go googling...

one of the first firms to offer Data Recovery was/is Ontrak, they have released some of their proprietary software to the general public for a fee (other words you have to pay for it),...

and as mentioned, most firms will take a drive apart and place the platters into their hardware, which can be programmed to the specs of a drive, they then image that drive and work on that image to recover the data...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Gilware.com is who our company uses to outsource data recovery. You send the drive in and they work their magic. Cheaper than others.

Note: Goombawaho's link is missing one L, it should read [ignore]GILLWARE.COM[/ignore], for those that are interested...

Ben

No prob, that is what we are here for, to help each other...

Ben

Thanks guys for all of your comments and suggestions. They have all been really useful.

Easy recovery professional is the way 2 go its what I used and I recovered everything and its easy 2 use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back