Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Professional Call Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

seryozha

Technical User
Feb 24, 2007
US
Does anyone have any experience yet with the Professional Call Recorder in R5? I have a customer that is setting up a call center, and of course wants to record the calls. From looking in the Task Based guides the Professional Call recording can either send the recordings to an E-Mail box or save them on a networked computer, but requires a 3rd party app to manage them. It does not say what app or how to go about getting it.

I went to a nortel 400 vs 450 presentation a month ago regarding R5, they mentioned it would record all calls. They mentioned it would have a client to retrive those calls, but the client may release later.

What you are looking for is something in the bcm elements manager to set a path to save the calls. Since this is a brand new feature I would call your rep. Or look for a new pdf for this feature.

Good luck!

yeah.. the task based guide and the configuration guide both tell me how to set it up...i just need the app...

I too am interested in this. I am hoping it may be something like Avaya's IP Office app, Contactstore. I will be up against an Avaya solution in the coming weeks and am hoping Nortel have some info out by then.

Note from PDF

To configure a computer as a destination, all you need to do is create rules with the IP address and port number of the computer you wish to forward the recordings and call details.
•Note. You need an application running on the computer that can understand the messages from the BCM Release 5.0 system.
•There is a sample BCM application available
•For third party solution integration

So is this sample on the BCM for download somewhere I wonder.

Wonder if simple as Desktop Manager would play it.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I believe you can have the recording emailed as well?

Does anyone have details of the keycodes required for this? I have seen references to a port keycode as well as a user keycode.

In fact is there a list of the keycode part numbers for Rel 5.0?

Algo has a software solution in development to interface with Nortel's new Professional Call Recorder (PCR). The BCM Call Recorder (BCR) will offer a convenient interface for configuration of PCR, and provide user-friendly features including: search, sort, retrieval, email, & live call monitoring of call records centralized on a networked call server PC. BCR will support station (IP, TDM, analog) or trunk recording (digital, SIP, analog) on release 5.0 BCM50/450 communication servers. Expected release TBA.

You can use the BCM 5.0 PCR application with either a application that runs on one ore more PCs or by using an email account.

The PCR in BCM 5.0 supports the ability of emailing the recording to a email address that you provision but the format is wav so its uncompressed audio. This means a 30 minute call is about 15 megs.

From a keycode perspective, each concurrent recording requires one keycode and the keycodes are pooled. i.e. you can have two people recording the same call with one keycode but if you have 2 different calls, it will require 2 keycodes.

The rules that actually cause a call to be recording are quite configurable (incoming, outgoing, all callls, conference calls only, manual through a telset feature code).

As far as I know there is a Nortel basic call recording application to be released in addition to the Algo application but I am not aware of the date. Should be soon I expect.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any further info on this. I have upgraded my demo BCM50 to R5 and can see all the options for where to send the recordings. However I need info on the application, I have contacted Nortel and they are not forth coming with any info at all.

Any info is appreciated.

Algo has still not released the app.

However, I have the Professional Call recording set up on a 450 in a Call Center environment and we are currently emailing the recordings to a "storage" box. This is NOT a good solution - we are forced to disable it during peak times because it destroys the processor, the BCM can't keep up and you immediately get degraded call quality.
Even with the App - Nortel has said this is not a good solution for a Call Center and if the calls are too long or the system is too busy the BCM will stop recording calls and spit out an error.
This is a great solution if you are only interested in recording a handful of extensions with average traffic, but anything more and it is just not adequate.

Stacyjo5,

What type of call traffic do you have running on your BCM450 when your noticing the degradation in call quality? Are you using mostly IP sets or TDM sets in the call center?

good to know. thanks. I wonder how much more this will rape the customer.

Good point. However the basic version seems to be free. Still if you were to compare it to a seperate PRI voice recording solution it may still work out cheaper. Hopefully anyways

its only free until September from what i could tell.

PHONEGUY - Did you install the Algo Basic solution?

I installed it this morning, but it appears to only be able to handle recordings from 1 DN at a time - is this the case or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back