Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Production 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSapphire

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
US
Hi,

I upsized a database and moved it to Production recently. The problem is the upsized database run perfectly on my system which has Office 2003.

The production environment though has the following configuration: Office XP with access 2003 runtime.

Now they are experiencing a lot of issues in production.

E.g. Issues like "Connection Failure" when trying to choose from a combo box or open up a new form.

Has anybody encountered such problems. Does anybody know why these issues are coming even though they have the proper access 2003 runtime.

Any help is very much appreciated. Getting hammered by the customer because they are experiencing so many issues.

Thanks

Have you checked that there are no missing references? Are these problems consistent across all deployed users, or specific to certain clients?

I haven't failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that it won't work!

Thanks txacces. I looked but it is not missing reference problem. Some of the issues are on specific clients and some of them are across all deployed users and I have about 200 users!

Specific client issues are that certains macros don't run and adp crashes.

across users "Connection failure" when they try to choose from certain combo boxes.

Thats the problem with Macros - no error handling!!! Have you thought about replacing the macros with VBA Code?

When you say "certain combo boxes" are they always the same "certain combo boxes" or does the problem appear on different cbo's at different times?

Hey txaccess, you were right .. Thanks. When I replaced the macro with VBA code, the issue was resolved .. Quite weird. All my Macro was doing was setting value of a field to todays date.

And about the combo boxes, it always occurs with one combo box.

User types in a value not in the combo list and gets a message "Item not in list". Then whatever he clicks on, gets a message "Connection Failure".

You are more than welcome. Glad to be of help.

Does the combo box error only occur when not in list? If so, you can trap this using the NotInList event on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back