Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkmail

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
Does Symantec have product updates (service pack)? I have a CPU and memory problem.

Thanks,

BM

What are you running? I run corporate addition 8.1 managed on NT,XP, and 2000 PRO machines.

Yup, that and the Exch end. Is there a patch?

Thanks,

BM

You have Symantec AV for Exchange then, right? Don't scan Exchange with regular SAV.

Patches should be acquired by LiveUpdate.

David

There is no patches that I know of. There is a new version of Symanted that is coming out or is to be released. 9.0

Did you look at their tech knowledge base for you particular issue?

Hi guyus,

Yes I tried looking at thier knowledge base and Microsoft. They led me to a patch that did supposedly fixed the same issue I am having but for a previous release. One of the services or applications is causing the server to crash (reboot) on its own. Due to non-paged pool error. Really, I just figured it was the AV without even verifying since it does this in no particular patern. And, since I did a search on the non-paged pool error and Microsoft lead me to the Symantec site. I downloaded and applied the patch anyway but it still reboots on me. I suppose it could also be the BENT (backup) agent.

Thanks,

BM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back