Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product Compliance Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUF

Technical User
Mar 10, 2001
IE
Hi,
I have reforamt my HardDrive and reinstalled Windows 98se
I then tryed to installed Access 2000 and this window came up "Product Compiance Check","Setup failed to locate a valid qualifing Product on your machine , Please select the Drive where a qualifing product can be found"

I tryed the windows98se disk and this window came up " Installer Information"," ERROR 1608 Could not find any previously installed compliant products on the machine for installing this product."

Can any one help with this???
What is a qualifing product??

I tryed to install Office2000 as well but I get the same problem

regards

Duf

I think you have an upgrade version of Office / Access, so you will need an earlier version pre-installed (or at least a CD on hand for it to check) to convince the upgrade to go ahead.

Peter G

Hi,
thanks for the reply You are right Peter I do have the upgrade ver of both offic and access So I am having to install Works2000 then office2000 and then Access 2000 which it the only one I want on the machine. oh well that life

thanks

Duf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back