Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product Catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ivDesign

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
CA
Hi,

I am looking for some sort of pre-installed script that I can install on my server and customize as a product catalogue. I have very little knowledge with the "coding" side of things - hence why I am looking for one of these installers or something relatively simple to use / modify.

What I basically want is a shopping cart type of thing - but without the shopping cart - if that makes sense. I was to be able to list how ever many categories, with however many products within each.

I have looked at some photo gallery scripts, however most of these do not allow me to add / remove or rename the fields needed - it just allows me to give a description field - I would need to be able to have 4-5 fields to fill in. I'm not sure if this is something that I could find out there so I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tina

I've tried looking on hotscripts - couldn't really find anything. They were either too basic that I couldn't change much in the admin or really complicated. I'll keep looking - Thanks for the reply.

you'll find that most mature scripts will be complicated because they will try to be many things to many people. However the usage of a well designed applet will be modular and an investment of a little time will give you what you want.

In the alternative, a shopping cart is really not a complex application for even a php beginner to write. it is the flow-logic that takes time to plot not the coding itself - and these days the logic-flow is well understood just from the use of the cart functionality. A decent shop front should take you no more than a day or so.

another alternative: pick something like zencart and start an auction on rentacoder for a coder to customise it to your needs. again this is a low cost and low effort approach that should not cost more than $200 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back