Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm's Rapid Connect list and Connection Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhunt13

Technical User
Apr 22, 2010
US
In the Procomm Plus application, can you make the Rapid Connect list default to the Telnet class rather than the Data class?

Also, (similar situation) in the Connection Directory, can you set it up so the default tab is Telnet rather than Data?

My computer used to default to Telnet in both these areas, then it stopped and both of the tools above now default to the Data class and Data tab respectively. I don't know what I did to mess it up. My computer was inherited from another employee, so I don't know how it was set up that way originally. I only have entries under Telnet, not Data. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I found the answer. The "mode" option must be set to "Telnet". Oddly enough when I am in Data mode, the mode button (on the action bar) does not have a Telnet selection option. I have to go to FTP or one of the other modes in order to have a Telnet option to select. Anyway, it works now.

What version of Procomm are you running? I'm not seeing this problem (the missing telnet mode) in version 4.8. If nothing else, if you were in data mode and wanted to switch to telnet mode, you should be able to choose direct connect-Telnet from the Quick Select Line at the bottom of the Procomm window.

knob, I am using Procomm Plus 4.8. I tried to select the direct connect-Telnet from the Quick Select line as you mentioned, but it didn't work on mine when the mode was set on Data.

Did you have an actual modem connection that you were trying to switch from? The machine I'm on now does not and I just have the various direct connections, which might be a reason for why I'm seeing something different. I'll try to get a modem on this box again and see what I observe.

Hmm, seemed to work OK with my modem, but I likely have the updated FAPI32.DLL from Symantec that you can download from here:

There is also this updated PWTELNET.DLC module that I am running as well, but my guess would be that the FAPI32 module would be the more likely of the two to cause this behavior discrepancy.

Thanks for your response Knob. I downloaded and installed both of the files you listed above. I don't see any difference. When I am in Telnet mode, all of the remaining choices are listed when you click the mode button. The mode you are in is not listed (at least on my computer), only the other choices. The only exception is when I am in Data Terminal mode. Then "Data Terminal" is greyed out so you cannot select it, but it is listed and Telnet is not there. Not sure what is going on there. Anyway, I know how to get around it now, so it is no big deal. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back