Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm- voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtucker

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
US
Using procomm what are the step to login to the Voicemail system. I have sucessfully logged into our two PBX's but not the voicmail. Do i put in the password first? Should I see a "transparent" message before putting in my voicemail password? Thanks for any sugesstons and help

I'm using Meridian Mail release 12 and a modem is connected.

But what type of system...
If it's an option-11 you just type AX after logging in.
If it's a large system you do a direct connect through an AB box and the setting on procom have to be 9600 8N1.

I have an Option 11C at a hotel. Calls are typically answered at a 2250 console, but we have it programmed to go to an auto attendant when placed into Night Mode. It works when you call from the outside, but if you try to dial the 0 (the console) from a guestroom, when the console is in Night, it rings open. What am I missing?

terp92 Now thats a different question, so please open your own thread and don't ask a new question in someone else's thread.

After you have logged into the Meridian, Do you key in "AX" if you have a Miran card fitted, then you may have to key in the Mail's TTY number such as "AX 8" etc. Check in LD 32 first by typing in "STAT" at the ".".
In Procomm, I used the standard keys with are F1 to F4 & then F10 for the key on the far right hand side of the screen. I also have VT220 or VT320 set. You may need to make some other changes in Procomm's setup.

In terminal Options TICK the "Strip bit 8" box & also select VT320 from the Terminal Keyboard file dropdown box.
Then click on the "Advanced" box in the bottom right hand side to UNTICK the "8 bit mode" box.
Click OK to save the changes.

You should now be fine navigating through Meridian Mail. There are other ways to do this, but I've used this method for a number of years now.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I have an Option X11 (r24). I have the phone number to the modem connected to the voicmail system. There is an switch to go from the terminal to the modem. It is now swithed to the modem.
I open Procomm- dial in and get "Procomm plus is ready" with a blinking cursor. Here is where I need help proceeding to login.

thanks

If your connecting to it and everything is setup correctly a "CRTL" key and "R" at the same time should refresh the screen for you. The F1 sould be the key for log-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back