Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Plus and Tera Term

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello, I just got a new laptop and Procomm Plus won't install on it and since it is XP Symantec doesnt support the install. I have Tera Term also, does anyone know if the ASPECT scripting from Procomm will work on Tera Term? Has anyone had issues with Procomm v4.8 not installing on an XP machine?

I know this is not technically a PBX question, but I figured most of the folks in here have some experience with these two software suites.

Maybe too obvious but do you have admin rights to install programs on the XP machine? I had no problems installing Procomm on my old XP machine but I did it so long ago I can't remember if I had to do anything special.

I have never used Tera-Term.

Do you get any specific errors during installation?

Procomm 4.8 should install on XP without any issues.
[yinyang]

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

I have been using Procomm 4.8 on XP PRO for 3 years.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Yep, have admin rights and have installed it on XP before with no problem. Maybe my CD has crossed over. The setup file just sits in the processes and never does anything. I will just have to get my hands on another copy.

Hey Andy, It's CW :)

hey chris,

i recognized your handle. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

Will do, well everyone I have tried every trick I know to get this to install and it just wont install. I copied the whole procomm folder from a working install onto my laptop and it seems to work except for the telnet stuff.

I figured out the problem. It was my HP officeJet suite causing the issue. It had caused problems with other software that had already been installed. I uninstalled it and Procomm installed just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back