Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm over DSL (Digital Line) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS2GT3

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
IE
Is it possible to use procomm over DSL (always connected digital subscriber lines) as opposed to standard telephone sockets?

Is it as simple as not actually dialling and reference the host machine via an IP address?

All new to me, forgive my ignorance.

Yes, you can use Procomm over a DSL or cable modem connection as long as you are using its Internet functionality. You can't dial a phone number, but can connect to an IP address.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Knob,

I have not been able to config Procomm for this.. Braindead maybe.. or maybe I'm missing a step or 2.. any general help or scripts on your web site ??

Hank

From within Procomm running in an Internet mode (i.e. not data), select the Options | Internet Connection menu item. Make sure that the Current Internet Connection is set to External Network.

If you've recently switched from dialup to broadband, you may need to select Tools | Internet Options within IE, click on the Connections tab, and select the Never dial a connection radiobutton.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Thanks Knob,

That solved the problem... Never thought of that; but now it makes sence !! Great tip !

Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back