Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

procomm for XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i can check my ver tomorrow if that doesn't cure your problem. my box at work is xp (extra problems)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

SORRY BUT I'M RUNNING 4.8 ON XP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

They say it will work but you loose some functionality, will I loose any good stuff?

I also use Procom 4.8 with XP. Have not noticed any difference in working ability? Have not heard that there were any issues with compatablity?

Thanks. just wanted to make sure I can do Scripting etc.. before I buy.

Thanks.

Some scripting is NOT supported in XP

check in the aspect forum, my box at work is not xp, my bad. without scripting procomm is not much better then dyper-term

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Symantec states that Procomm 4.8 is not supported on XP. I've been using it on Windows 2000 & also XP Home.
I can't tell the difference with it. However the liveupdate on XP keeps telling me that the "Avenge" update is out of date, each time I check it, after a reboot!.
All of my scripts work fine on it along with the other parts such as Telnet & FTP etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

I use ProComm on XP when I have to, but I've used ZOC ( for several years and prefer it (mainly because I'm used to it). It too has telnet, SSH, etc. and it works fine in XP Pro, but it won't run ProComm scripts without conversion. Converting isn't too hard because the scripting languages are similar and have similar capabilities - the excellent scripts Firebird and John have shared are a great motivator ;-)

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

I have not run into any issues on XP except for a couple commands that also don't work right on Win2K. I mainly use FTP, telnet, some data connections, lots of scripting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back