Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procom

Status
Not open for further replies.

1brc

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
Help! I use Procom or Hyper Terminal to dial in to Opt 11 switches and all is fine untill I try to use the Fkeys for Meridian Mail. Every thing is ok except what would be the F 10 key. F 6 thru F 9 correspond with F 1 thru F 4 but F 5 does not do anything.

You have to create a keyboard map file in the Procomm keyboard editor. The keystrokes that correspond to the F-keys are really odd, and I don't know what the are off the top of my head. As far as I know, this can't be done in HyperTerminal.

If you want, I can email you my keyboard file. You just have to open the keyboard editor and load it any time you use Meridian Mail.

Draxis that would be fine to send the map. How do I get my e/mail address to you with out posting it here?
Thanks 1brc

I don't care about my yahoo email account so send your address to nick_jeske@yahoo.com

Draxis, I tried yahoo but it won't go. send it to me at
brc417@lycos.com
Thanks again

I would also like a copy of the keyboard file and i am also unable to mail you, so would you please email me a copy at colinmawbey@bigfoot.com

thanks

Colin

I think that the F10 key changes to the F9 key or sometimes remains the F10 key
grin

In Procomm use VT-100 and redefine <F5> to ^[[21~
regs,
@win

Utreg, Thanks it works as it should.

I sent the file to both of you. That keymap that Utreg posted works for F5 and is included in that keyboard file I emailed to you.

To use the F5 key in Procomm for MerMail, hit the right Ctrl key + the enter key directly below the scroll lock.

For Procomm
Try this.. Go to Options/System Options/Data Tab/ - in the Terminal Options box - Terminal keyboard file = VT320, check the box for Strip bit 8, then go to the Advanced box on this page and no check in the 8 bit mode box, do check ISO Latin-1.

Save the config &.. anyway it works well for me

Hi Draxis
Kindly e mail me a copy of the Key board settings as I am also facing problems.

comm2000sa@yahoo.com

With best regards,
HVehari

Why don't you just us the VT220 go to advanced and uncheck the 8bit and the fKeys will work just fine.

if using procomm try using WYSE 75. that should give your keys as f5-f10

PHONEDOC HAS THE EASY SOLUTION. THANKS FOR THAT TIP IT WORKS GREAT.

EARTEL
888 416 4327
310 549 0387 Fax
rluna@eartel.net

Edit your keyboard.
Under Entry Options box, select decimal.
For F1 key you should see 027 079 080
F2 key = 027 079 081
F3 key = 027 079 082
F4 key = 027 079 083
and for F5 enter 027 079 077

It work just fine for me

Miro1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back