Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

regscott

Technical User
Dec 6, 2007
I am planning on completing a processor swap in order to test my disaster back kit. My system is a Definity G3si v11, software load of R011i.02.0.110.4 with a TN2404 processor board. I have this same card in my crash kit. My question is can I do a save translation to memory card and power down switch then complete the swap followed by a restore translation? Will this restore all services? Are there any issues with my current software load that will require Avaya in this process? Can anyone help me with the correct procedure?

I believe that the license file uses the processor serial number for validation. You will be running in un-licensed mode. It should be good for 30 days before you lose the ability to administer the PBX.

Kevin

So what is the process in order to get the crash kit processor to work as a license version? In the event that the main one fails?

Contact Avaya or your Business Partner to re-work the license file. Per your original note, this is in the event of a disaster.

Kevin

You may also have Avaya provision a "Local Spare Processor", if they will still will do this. It is a system customer option. I do not know exactly what is required, so you need to contact your BP, or Avaya about this.

Where can I find docs that outline the correct procedure for system power down, processor change and restoring system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back