Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sendhilk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2001
US

Hi,
could anyone tell me how to check the processor speed. I have a 7013-59H server and want to check the processor speed.Tried finding out thro diag but couldn't succeed.

Thanks,
Sendhil

I could find the answer from one of the previous posts.

Thanks,
Sendhil

before i give you the answer, can i ask WHY BOTHER?

just joking, if you type in 'uname -m' the following represents the number you see.

xxyyyyyymmss

where:

xx = 00
yyyyyy = CPU ID
mm = model ID (should be 72 for 59H)
ss = submodel

you can verify you have a 59H as you should get the number 72 as the model ID. if you do then you are the proud owner of a 66MHz Power2 RS/6000.

enjoy.

Here's a way I was shown we do it in automated scripts that check system configurations. A bit more techie, but an interesting way to know. Plus if you do need to automate somthing...

lscfg -vp | pg
scroll down until you find the CPU info, towards the bottom. It will look like

Orca M5 CPU:
Under those headings (there will be multiple for more than one cpu), look for the line
Product Specific PS=_______________

Example on the F50 PS=0013c9eb00. That is the Hex number for the cpu speed.

You can then use this to convert it: (Note there are two spaces after the printf)
printf "%d/n" )x00013c9eb00

That will return with 332000000.

Then do some math and divide it by 1000, twice and you'll get 332 or 332Mhz.

If you don't need to automate, then use the uname method. Do a man on uname and you'll see the codes and can determine the model you have. You can then go to the Hardware documentation and look for you CPU info.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Sorry, that printf statement is:
printf "%d/n" 0x0013c9eb00

The underlined part being what was in the PS=
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back