Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.

cano0dan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2012
US
Hey Guys

I have a client who has a 5 card carrier, 2 x 308 cards, and a 8.0 processor card. I have just got this client in the last month or less. They were having some line issues from the telco side which have been resolved as of today. However, their processor card intermittently drops all of the power to the phones and also the other extensions on the 308 cards lose access to the phone lines. Their equipment provider (this is a corporate customer with lots of red tape, etc.) replaced the 5 card carrier and one of the 2 308 cards for some reason only. The problem still happens. Also, they replaced the processor card back in November. Any thoughts? I really appreciate the help. Thank you!

I suspect one of the modules is having a power issue, trying to diagnose is hard unless you are there to see which module is loosing power before the system goes down and reboots, but it is a crap shoot ,some time the Partner PC diagnostics in the Partner PC Administration program will show it

if you pull each module to only power , without the carrier the bad one will blow sometimes by itself

you don't say what other modules you have,are all 5 slots used ?

is one is a mail can they live without it for a day or two, if you pull it

Is there a UPS powering the system? If so, is it malfunctioning? If not, can you add one to isolate a potential AC power problem?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Dexman is spot on.You must inspect the host power - it should be your first suspect especially if it is not a dedicated outlet. I would also ground your 8.0

A former contributor posted a cautionary story concerning the grounding of Partner equipment. The upshot is to ground the processor to the electrical outlet as opposed to building steel. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back