Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick360

Technical User
May 24, 2004
US
I have an older computer with Windows NT that I need to identify the processor and Computer Properties says ...

"x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 1"

Can anybody tell me what processor that is and/or where to find a chart or listing of processors. I've done a lot of searching and not finding anything.

Thanks,
Rick

Control Panel ->Device Manager then expand Processors. I'm going off of Windows 7 but it is similar in Windows XP I just can't remember if it is exactly the same. It's been a long time since I've used Windows NT.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

[thumbsup] for CPU-Z

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Pc Wizard is from the makers of cpu-z, It just gives a ton more information on hardware,and software, configuration. And it is still free.

Thanks all for the links and info. The downloads and freeware are not feasible in this situation due to this PC not being on the internet and also controlling important equipment in our plant.

The Wikipedia list Triton101 posted did have the Family 6 Model 11 shown as a Tualatin core Pentium 3 or a Celeron with the Tualatin core. I think they are the same basic chip marketed differently.

Is the Stepping number related to it's design speed? (ie Stepping 1= 1.0MHz, Stepping 2=1.1MHz, Stepping 3=1.2MHz etc? )

Thanks,
Rick

nope, stepping has to do with revisions to the masks creating the cpu silicon, not speed. You should be able to get the speed from booting into bios. Why do you need to know the speed? it is 1 Ghz, to 1.4 Ghz. It is also 10 years old or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back