Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor Full All the Time !!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcha

Technical User
Jan 31, 2001
MX
Hi

I have a win 2000 Professional OS with SP3, and when i try to use any aplication the Processor go up at 100% and it is all the time, when i'm not using any aplication, the "Explorer.exe" takes the 100% of processor, so i can't do anything, cause my system is Very Slow.
I have a P4 at 2.2Ghz processor with 256 Ram.

Any Idea ?

what other applications are you using.. ??

A lot Aplications are Running, i discover that the PC have an option in the BIOS called "Processor Cache", and it was in OFF status, i change this to On, and the System looks excellent, but frequently have a Blue Crash Screen:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

So i do not know what to do. I ask Compaq about this problem, and they send me a Bios Update, but is the same result.

I hope to resolve this, otherwise, i will become Crazy.

Thank You NUTTA !!!

i think, if you can borror a processor of someone of what ur motherboard can accept, and try it. just want to make sure that the processor cache.. isnt faulty.. ]

i cant remember i think it was the pentuims.. there was an issue with..

and you had to disable it.. like you have done.. but this was resolved at a later date..

let me know

nutta

I had the same problem running Win2000 Server and found an a tech note on the MS website about it. Apparently it's a result of the MDAC's OLEDB (v2.5-2.7) doing it. I believe there's a fix in the latest SQL service packs, but here's the technote and like to the hotfix

Thnks, i was working without the Cache Processor, but my system turned very Slow, so i do not have another choice.

So i have the Same error, i must to Restart again and again until the Os Charge Ok, but every Day i have the same Problem:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I don't know what mora can i Do !!!

Surely is not a MDAC Problem.

Thank You

do a google search for process monitor. I had a similar problem, but 100% wasn't constant. When it did peak, all I could do was re-boot. Using process monitor, check view tree option, and I found that an outdated cad program was calling services.exe. I contacted the vendor, they had me download newest version and lates sp's for it, solved the problem. Process Monitor is free. Good luck. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"Common sense is an instinct for the truth."
Max Jacobs (1876-1944); French writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back