Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processing spool down (redundancy) CC transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssidhu

Technical User
Apr 5, 2007
US
Due to a BOH server software issue we had to put terminals in redundancy for dinner service. I'd like to run the transactions as soon as possible and I was hoping someone here could instruct me as to which files to get off the terminal and where to place them in the Aloha directory and then how to get EDC to process them. I'm running v. 5.3.29.

Thanks

Turning POS processing on makes them go out and process automatically. If you turned POS processing back on and there was an issue with the modem or the internet connection then they were lost and will have to be manually keyed into EDC. They are stored in an EDC folder on the master terminal when the POS is turned off.
You should always make a copy of the EDC folder on the terminal that is holding the offline cards in case something goes wrong when coming out of redundancy.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

DTSman, my server went down and came back on and off periodically. I never physically turned POS processing on and off. My dealer told me how to turn on redundancy mode, so I did. But later that night, the connection to my server was restored and the terminals left redundancy mode. The dealer told me that they would have to actually get the files off the terminal and grind them.

thanks

DTSman... I just realized all the transactions were moved into my EDC folder and are now ans files... meaning they did not go through the processor correctly.

I read this post from a while back from adamDR:

"You know how in earlier versions, when you took the system out of spooling, and if it still wasn't working, you would lose all of the data, and if you didn't back up the edc folder from the terminal, you would have to re-enter the transactions by hand? 5.3 eliminated that problem. What it used to do is try the hld file, and if it failed, it would just delete it. Now, it puts the file at the end of the line and tries the next one. The problem with this is that no one in the front can put a transaction through until their hld file is next in line. That can take quite a long time. "

So does this mean that I'm not screwed and I can still process those transactions via EDC?

Please advise.

never mind... I looked at the numbers on EDC, looks like they wall went through without me intervening at all; thankfully... since there were no spl files left on the master terminal.

If the .ans files still exist, I recommend deleting them. I have had problems in the past with "double charges" I always had a sinking feeling that .ans files cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back