Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

processing heirachy/subreport in Crystal Reports 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFuzzwah

MIS
Mar 28, 2011
US
I have a report that creates detail lines (items). That report must display all lines at the beginning of a report (any section). That part is working. I have to execute that and after it runs provide detail for each item in a second step. But no matter what I try I keep getting item then detail (or one detail line in a footer) rather than all items first then all item detail. Any assistance is appreciated big time.

Thanks!

Basically - I have 2 distinct detail sections and I want details a to fully complete before details b starts. DA is the 'Table of Contents' for the user and DB is the detail listing of those. The two reports are working correctly in standalone mode.

I'm glad to use another other sections or anything in CR to meet the requirement - doesn't have to be 2 detail sections. Thanks as always.

Thanks!

Solution: Create a container report - create 2 detail sections - insert subreports one these and run the container with no links.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back