Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

processes parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolso

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
IN
The Processes parameter in my init.ora file is set to 200. By Default it was 50. It became inadequate and started giving error of 'maximum no of processes exceeds' even after 10 users accesssing it by a web server. This database is for B2B site . I have changed this parameter to 200 and currently we are working but when oyr site will be implemented there may be hundreds of users acces this site and applications which may create n number of processes. Then even this 200 will be insufficient. I read in Press Book that maximum no of processes can be 300. Then What is the solution as even this no. is inadequate for me in a global environment when some thousand users will access this site. So what is the solution to this problem ? Is this related to changes in other settings?

Amol
New to dba world, so please ......

Hi!
Are u using Parallel Server, if yes, then check the parameter : PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS.
This parameter needs to be increased too.

thx,
Kavy

I dont have PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS parameter set im my init.ora file . Is the problem with web server's connection pooling ? My setting is Linux with Oracle 8.1.5 . The server is dedicated server. Can I run Dedicated server for B2B site or do I have to change setting.

I will be greatly thankful to have a comprehensive reply on this problem bcos in long run the server will be accessed by thousands of users.

Amol New to dba world, so please ......

I have PROCESSES ser to 500 in out Oracle 8.1.5 database which also supports a Web-Based application. This too was a problem when it was 200 for my installation. Increase it some more to be on the safe side.

Thanks Michael

Well I think my knowledge was wrong in this case, which was from some other book, Because I got some responses from some other forums that there is no such limit of 300. Depending on youe RAM and other resources you can increase this limit to more.

Thanks Again for your immediate reply
Amol New to dba world, so please ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back