Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Process PFAB.EXE takes 99% of my NetFinity 5000 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

boycott

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have a NetFinity 5000 and about once a week a process (pfab.exe) that is running on it takes about 99% of my cpu, this cause the server to hang and then nobody is able to connect to the domain.

I don't know what this process does dans i cannot kill it (permission deny).

So if anyone could help me to get this process of or else just tell me what it does so i can just delete the file.

Boycot

Have you figured this problem out yet. I think I might have the exact same issue. PFAB is IBM's Predictive Failure Analysis. I'm having a problem on a Netfinity 5600. Can you ping the server when it locks up?

Jeff

The process PFAB was from NetFinity Support Program service, i stoped this service and i never had any problem since. When the problem was there i was able to ping my server but it was very slow.

Boycot

Is the server still running today? Do you or did you have any events in the Raid Manager logs? Did you ever have any drives or hardware fail in that machine?

Thanks!

The server is still running today. The problem occured only when my tape drive was malfunctionning (SCSI error). I think PFAB was unable to "control" this error. Now when my tape drive is malfunctionning, my server doesnt freezes up and im able to resolve my problem without reseting it.

Boycot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back